Friday, March 31, 2006

JFK-FRA


I am sitting in one of Asia House's lovely basement rooms, savoring some beach time after a short stint in New York. There are offices which are bigger and grander, but AH is a comfortingly beautiful house in the midst of residences and across the street from a small church.

I love my tiny apartment in Frankfurt, which is warm, very cozy, piled with my things, and glows from the sunlight filtering in through white, diaphanous curtains. My apartment is approximately 20 square meters. If you cannot picture this size - the entire room, including the shower and "kitchenette" is smaller than one of my dorm rooms in grad school. Or, put another way, it is a furnished, serviced apartment which costs less than $700/month with utilities included...if you know Frankfurt prices, you have some sense of how little it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home